tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Thursday, April 17, 2008

please help get word out about upcoming events

Since the Parkersburg News seems to be boycotting my event announcements for whatever unknown and bizarre reasons (they have not printed hardly any of the announcements I have sent in during the last month, month and a half about either the Hank Williams tribute, or the vinyl record sale), I appeal to anyone who reads this to try to help me get the word out about these two events. The record sale is this Saturday, April 19 from 10- 3 in front of the sound exchange. Now I know there is a chance of rain; I've never had rain for any of the outdoor vinyl record sales so far. I have some great recently donated records; plenty of Johnny Cash, Hank Williams, etc.
Then, speaking of hank williams, the 2nd annual whole lotta hank tribute is next Saturday, April 26th at 8 pm at the wheel house in downtown parkersburg. I'll be checking in with the musicians over the next week to make sure everything is lined up. I hope you can help get the word out, since the newspaper has been my main general public means of getting the word out. After these two events, I will find out what the deal is. If I have to creatively work around their boycotting of announcements for the Bob Dylan tribute show in May and other future shows, I'd like to know what I'm working with. Thanks for any support.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home