tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

traveling music today

I drove to Charleston and back today. In the CD player:

start of trip: Fred Eaglesmith: Tinderbox. Finally, a good listen (captive audience in the car is always best). I had only listened to it as "background music" at work, so didn't get to really get into it yet. He's got a duet with Mary Gauthier on there. I like the song where he is having visions, and the female voice is narrating concern for the old feller losing his senses. There is some wide ranging musical instrumentation on this album.
Second up: Jason Wilber's Lazy Afternoon. I caught the reference to Aurora Illinois (and the aurora borealis) liked all the songs on deeper listening (captive audience once again serves me well). I'm starting to be able to line up some songs to request when Jason is here in June.

Bringing me on back to Parkersburg: Todd Snider's Peace Love and Anarchy. Can't get enough of Todd fer shur. Jealous that Beth got to see him recently in St. Louis. Waiting on a review from Missouri!! Love having a Jerry Jeff Walker cover from Todd; reminder that he has a whole album's worth of covers from Jerry Jeff, recorded anyway. Adding a brainstorm of playing East Nashville Skyline for some neighborhood kids, and asking them to create a similar set of images for Mid Town Parkersburg.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home