tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Jason Wilber coming to the 'Burg for a house concert

Jason Wilber, a Bloomington Indiana singer songwriter, who also happens to be the fabulous lead guitar player for John Prine, is coming to Parkersburg to play a "house concert" / coffee house setting at my community center on St. Mary's Ave on Sunday June 8th at 7 pm. Jason will be in the area, performing Saturday night in Marietta at the Theater (Mid OHio Valley Players) across from the Colony, as part of an all day songwriter event. He has graciously agreed to stay over to Sunday to perform in Parkersburg. Tickets are $15, and there will be limited seating, so I am selling tickets in advance. I'll probably be limiting it to 40. Jason has a great body of work; about 6 CD's worth. He has a great voice, obviously excellent guitar work, a very refreshing variety of song styles, a good sense of humor, insightful lyrics about the human condition. He has songs that will stay with you even after one listen, they are that solid. I have his "complete" collection of CD's and will be glad to lend them out for a listen; and then I hope you'll come out and see him live and in person in an intimate setting, and buy some CD's yourself!
He has an intriguing schedule; playing all over the place most weekends with John Prine, playing before adoring audiences in fairly large venues, and then squeezing in his own schedule to play at a wide variety of settings, also around the country. He also has a radio show there in Indiana where he does interviews. He has a great interview with Todd Snider for instance, recently, recorded around the time Todd was playing in Bloomington. They have a very nice mutual admiration through their connections through John Prine, and many others.
Obviously, I will mention this in the blog many times before June 8th, but get it on your calendar. I will have some tickets printed up shortly. I will be getting some nice promotion materials from Jason shortly too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home