tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Sunday, April 20, 2008

Greens well received in Glenville

The Greens' debut in Glenville appeared to be a grand success. The audience at Good Times Bar and Grille gave them a hospitable, warm, and enthusiastic response. I was sorry not to be able to stay for the full show (as normally I would)- but that long ride back was looming large. I hope it stayed rollicking right to the end!
The "two lane livin'" ride down was a reminder of rides of the past; the Red Bud blooming, and a misty rain as dusk approached. Spring time in Appalachia. Good Times bar and grille is a friendly place with intriguing decorations and a nice little set up for the band. Frank Zappa warmly greets you on the wall; Seals and Croft, too. A convivial group was ready for an enjoyable night of music.
The Greens launched into "Flipping through the pages" and What a Ride as some warm up songs. The requests started flowing, and the rest is history as a good night of music, and audience response, and eventual dancing by a large dance floor filling crowd. The one guy (dancer) ranks up there with the top 4-5 memorable dancers from around the state of WV for a first time Greens Show. I recall a similar dancer at Jabberwock in Elkins, and a few others over the years. I got a little nervous when the one guy jumped up on the low wall, and his buddy banged his head on the dangly light fixture, but no harm / no foul.
The Nicholas' brothers were our gracious hosts to their "neck of the woods" and hopefully they came away happy with a good night of music and camraderie. I always hate not to stay till the very end, but I had an uneventful trip back to the 'Burg, so was glad to make the trip and discover a nice venue.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home