tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Sunday, June 01, 2008

Patrick Sky's song "Many a Mile"

So, in my attempts to gather a massive archive's of classic folk music from the 40's, 50's, 60's- I have a Patrick Sky album (his debut, I believe). This morning on Below the Salt (the sunday morning great radio show on WOUB). Keith played Patrick's version of the song, as part of a travelin' / hobo-in' kind of tribute to Utah Phillips who died last week. Then on the blue grass show in the afternoon on WOUB, a bluegrass group played their version of Many a Mile. So then I had to dig out Buffy Saint Marie's version on her greatest hits collection album. That's where I had heard it first. So three versions in one day of that fine song.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home