tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Sunday, July 20, 2008

1313 at Par on Emerson

After the songwriter night, I stopped by to see the later part of 1313's show. These guys were really going all out. They are a fun and impressive band to watch. All three are high energy at their instrument, and make a party out of it for sure. I love Jonny's drumming, he really puts his all into it. He is a pretty impressive versatile musician; doing all the tribute shows with some acoustic solo work in a variety of styles; playing some bass with some compadres, and this drum work, that really suits Shawn and Dave's distinctive 1313 ways. Shawn does a great job with the guitar work and vocals, (and I assume most of the song selections?). And Dave is the great showman with what he does with that standup bass- it is so fun to see people experiencing him for the first time- he makes for a memorable live music performance. They get a pretty enthusiastic audience going long into the night. Not having been in this venue much, it is a little hard to gauge the "regulars" vs. those out for this particular band, etc. And I don't know what the fighting was about; pretty bizarre. But it flared up and died down quickly. It was great to see Ashlee and Jonny out and about. And it was intriguing to see many of the regular Greens fans out to see some different music and late into the night in a different venue. The bar staff were working very hard, and several of them recognized me connected to Andy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home