tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Tuesday, September 09, 2008

To Clarksburg and back yesterday

I listened to two Greens CD's on the way to Clarksburg and back yesterday. Fruition and Broken Science Vol II. This was a fresh listen after a pretty long lapse. With so many live shows to have listened to over the years, this is a wise thing to do from time to time. These are great songs; great points in time for recording them; different than current live versions, diverse, fun, impressive. Aaron's saxophone and flute on the Fruition tracks makes you appreciate that era and that sound, but also impresses the adapting that has gone on since then. The diversity of song styles on Broken Science also is striking. More reflection some other time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home