tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Greens tore it up last night

The Greens put on an inspired show last night at 6 Pence Pub in Parkersburg. All three put intense energy into their performances, creating a very enjoyable evening of music for Parkersburg Greens fans. The original songs buzzed with solid interpretations, and the covers were inspired with fervor- Allman Brothers, Led Zeppelin, etc. Two non stop two hour sets packed with great diverse musical styles. The "back room" at 6 Pence may have been taken for granted before, but after a lapse of time, it was a familar and comfortable place for the Greens to be playing. I think they were arranging a Thanksgiving break gig there as the evening wore on, to hopefully replace the traditional Front Row performances (which should get off the My Space upcoming gigs list).
Old "Thunderwear" finished the evening in fine fashion, and it was good to hear Truckstop Religion, a rare song as of late in the set lists. I'd say there were about 4-5 new songs, and some definite solid ones to work into the repetoire- It'll take a few more listenings for me to get them down pat. Andy was down to his third guitar (broken strings) by the end, but he wailed the heck out of all three of them. Nathan and Ben had to be exhausted by the end, putting their all into their work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home