tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Saturday, October 18, 2008

Saturday afternoon post (get it?)

Saturday Evening Post/ Saturday Afternoon Post

Kathleen Coffee should be getting into town pretty soon; I'll try to play a good host and see what she wants to do with the day up here in the Mid Ohio Valley. I got the equipment I borrow from John Gallagher and (as always) have a nice little chat with him about the local music scene, and various observations about music and these crazy times we live in. You could get sidetracked looking at CD's in that store any day of the week. Musical instruments and music books.
Quick delivery by Todd Snider's CD distribution folks; I am in proud possession of Peace Queer, Todd's new CD. I am listening to the second song as I type- Cape Henry (Will Kimbrough's song). I had already heard Mission Accomplished. Now its on to John C. Fogerty's Fortunate Son; a subdued version for sure. Back to back songs with female vocal accompaniment.

I Hope, if you are reading this on Saturday afternoon, you will come out to see Kathleen tonight here at 1739 St. Mary's Ave. Parkersburg at 7 pm. If you are reading it Sunday or beyond its too late, and you'll have missed a good night of music. You can read (probably) the next post to see how it was. Kathleen has an avid following and lots of links with great musical people. I (to be honest) know I didn't do enough to promote this; I have to begin to do some "soul searching" about how my wishful thinking optimism more often than not leads to disappointment; with no satisfaction knowing that it was a good show, and people don't know what they missed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home