tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Saturday, October 04, 2008

Week away Count Down for the John Prine birthday tribute

Its Saturday, 6 days till the John Prine Birthday tribute here in Parkersburg. I'm trying to amass an e-mail list of some folks who have supported our shows in the past, so send any names my way. I've got a pretty random list, and am forgetting lots of supporters I am sure. I was gone for a few days, and perhaps lost a little momentum. I put up a flyer at the Library today and Krogers and the bulletin board in front of the North End Market. Don Howerton gave me a set list the other day. I will be going in MOnday to the 5th St. Pub to talk to Scott about the last minute details (hopefully). I listened to "all John Prine" all the time on the car CD player the last few days. The JP Shrine has our event prominently displayed along with a similar event in Houston Texas right there in the middle. They've got a picture of a big birthday cake for John there front and center. Visit www.jpshrine.org to see how they do it, and to see if more communities across the country are joining in the fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home