tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

I posted about him before; just stumbled on another reference to this old Yellow Springs Ohio native again

This is what Bodie Wagner (yer friend and hobo) has to say about himself: "I was born and raised as a Quaker in the village of Yellow Springs down in southwestern Ohio. As a child I listened to a lot of Woody Guthrie, Leadbelly and calypso, and by the time that I was twelve, I was playing harmonica and tambourine and singin' in rock and roll bands. After a few years, I picked up my first guitar, started writin' songs, and quit bein' in bands. Upon leavin' high school, I served two years as a conscientious objector, drivin' truck for Goodwill Industries of Indiana. It was during' those years that I really started writin' a lot of songs. Used to keep me from goin' nuts. Well anyway, when twenty rolled around, I had finished my service and had a passel of songs and a load of energy that I promply started spreadin' all over the United States. That was a few years back and that's about all I've been doin' ever since - travelin' by thumb and rail, street singin' and bar buskin'. Although I've worked in factories, washed dishes and bent wrenches, I've never done a job as hard as the one I do now. But I think I'll be doin' it fer along time, because I love my work. So until I see you out on the road someday, I'll bid you adieu and wish you good luck."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home