tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Joseph Henry Friday night's show

I went out to support Joseph Henry and the Emerson Sports Grill Friday night. Joseph has a great keyboard touch, and puts on a non stop show of mostly original songs, in a variety of styles of music. He plays some great boogie woogie and honky tonk style piano, some out right rock n roll "a la Jerry Lee Lewis" and then switches to some ballad and pop type songs with ease. He has a "social commentary" outlook with lyrics of wit and sharp observation. He'll throw in a cover, from a wide range of eras that intrigue you as to his influences and interests. Go out and see Joseph if you get the chance. He's a fine solo act, but I think he plays with a number of combinations too (backing Todd Burge, and some combo's of his own). You can find him on my space easy enough, too, so check him out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home