tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Traveling Music to Charleston and back today

I had been listening to a lot of my favorite male Americana songwriters lately; Todd Snider, Will Kimbrough, Tommy Womack, Steve Earle, so I decided to switch the gender for the ride down to Charleston and back today. I listened to Susan Tedeschi (live from Austin TX) on the ride down. Then it was Lucinda with Car Wheels on a Gravel Road. AAAHHHHHHHH, blissful. And finally, Grace Potter and the Nocturnals (Nothing But the Water) for the last leg. This group played in Morgantown a few years ago (before they began getting national reviews, and playing at some major festivals, etc.) The Greens opened for them in MOrgantown!!! I happened to be there that night! A great show, and so they have a place in my radar- this was a fresh listen after a long lapse. The song "Ragged Company" (I am my own ragged company) is a great song; the whole CD is fine; powerful voice, great musicianship, good original songs with sharp observations of the human condition. So, I have to go back to Charleston tomorrow, and will keep with the female songwriter theme another day!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home