tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Thursday, September 17, 2009

getting my guitar playing fingers back in shape and dusting off my vocal chords

I have started my one month prep time for doing a set at the John Prine birthday tribute benefit we will be having on October 10th at the 6 Pence Pub and eatery here in Parkersburg. Show starts at 9 pm, $5 donation, or you can get a ticket ahead of time to support our children's service agency. This is our 7th annual event. Local musicians and songwriters each perform a set, and there are contests and prizes throughout the evening. I usually just act as MC for these events (we hold about 5-6 a year) but for the John Prine show, I hope to perform a set late in the evening, giving the better, prime spots to the more worthy performers. I am working on my set list: picture show
humidity built the snowman
blue umbrella
crooked piece of time
speed of the sound of loneliness
quit hollering at me
6 o'clock news.

(if others are planning to sing those songs, don't worry, "repeats" are fine- I've never heard anybody grumble too much about that- just a little teasing (like about too many versions of Grandpa was a carpenter).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home