tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Thursday, October 08, 2009

Last night's musicians' get together

I had an enjoyable get together with some of the musicians to perform Saturday night at the John Prine Tribute. Several others stayed in touch about the show. I met a new musician, Gene Britton, who sounds like he'll have some good songs to play. He also has a friend who has a John Prine story to tell. Steve and Carol came out, and I am glad to hear Steve survived a health scare about a week ago, and looks fit as a fiddle. They will be singing a duet or two, and Steve will be putting his usual energy into a good set and connection to the honored musician. Matt Starcher is putting lots of great energy into promoting the show, and his own set, and bringing others to the show, etc. He has lined up a guy who will do some video taping footage of the performances. Jonny Nutter and Don Baker checked in also, and are rarin' to go. I've been seeing Nick Barry quite a bit the past few weeks, so he'll be fine form.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home