tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Saturday, January 16, 2010

John Prine Dream

I had a dream last night that John Prine was in. First it was in a "big city"- downtown, crossing streets in traffic, etc. I was sort of in a group walking with John Prine and some other people- just sort of spread out in little clusters. John was in a group ahead of me, and he was sort of being goofy, pretending he was in awe of the big tall skyscrapers in this city, like he was a country bumpkin in the big city for the first time gawking up at the tall buildings!!! Just being funny; nothing too dramatic. And then the dream sort of morphed into a smaller neighborhood; still a big city, but more of a neighborhood than the downtown- and we were still walking as a group, sort of cutting across streets/ jaywalking etc. and John was sort of singing, trying to remember lyrics to one of his songs- it struck me how hard it would be to recall all the songs/ all the lyrics when you had written so many songs over so many years- I don't think it was a REAL song, it was just sort of a snippet of a song, and he was struggling with recalling the lyrics. Whoever was with him was just sort of gently teasing him about not being able to remember his own song lyrics, and he was taking it good naturedly, sort of making fun of himself, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home