tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Sunday, October 03, 2010

Greens at 6 Pence the other night

The Greens played at 6 Pence in Parkersburg Friday night. It was good to have them at the familiar setting. Lots of good loyal long time Greens fans were out for the festivities. The Greens plucked from their various eras to put on a raucous performance; sticking entirely with originals except for a version of Neil Young's Walk On. (and a closer version of Louis Armstrong's What a Wonderful World) before the encore. There was some initial impromptu instrumental work, during the sound check phase, showing their talent for working up sounds together on the fly. I haven't been doing a set list for their Parkersburg/ marietta shows for a long time, and it gets hard to recall- I like having some of Lee's set lists for shows up in Morgantown when he records them; just for comparison and connecting. The Greens have an upcoming show in Marietta in October (I'll be seeing John PRine that night in Columbus), and then some holiday shows coming up, we'll be reminding folks about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home