tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Monday, October 03, 2005

mountain stage at athens ohio sunday night

I went to mountain stage at Ohio University in Athens Ohio last night. The line up was Charlie Sexton (a teen guitar phenom in the 80's and then toured with bob dylan for a number of years and has produced albums for Lucinda Williams); Adrienne Young and Little Sadie; Over the Rhine; Eric Bibb and Son Volt. The surprise of the night was Eric Bibb who was excellent; the son of a folk singer, and now living in Europe he had a great voice, guitar style and very good songs. The song about BB King growing up was very cool. I was primarily interested in Adrienne Young and little sadie, and was of course not disappointed, they put on a great show, lots of enthusiasm and joy in performing. I have really grooved on her first two recordings. She has played at least twice at the Purple Fiddle, and so I am looking for a return date there, as that would be an excellent venue to see this band. Over the Rhine is from Cincinnati, a husband and wife team, with a drummer and bass player. Has a little touch of the Cowboy Junkies. An enthusiastic audience; good music appreciators. Will probably keep mountain stage coming back there as a "home away from home."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home