tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Saturday, September 24, 2005

greens show at front row in parkersburg friday night

The Greens returned to the Front Row in Parkersburg for the first time in a month or so - fresh from some busy weeks in morgantown, elkins, columbus, etc. They have several new songs worked into the sets; and keep "polishing" the recent favorites; there was an extended Hendrix run of songs in the second set. Dave Snider stopped in; recently having spent time with the national guard in katrina relief- then on his way back to florida; the crowd over in the far corner by the pool table was an especially appreciative audience. There was one flurry of dancing folks, and generally an enthusiastic group.
I got a "master" of the new CD- Greens 3 is the current title; and I will be making 5-10 of it for immediate distribution; while the band works on a larger order somewhere. I also am down to one copy of Strange Language, so want to make some additional copies; for the "early songs"- and perspective of how they are played now, and incorporated into the current line up. I still have at least 10-15 of Fruition; yet only about two of andy's acoustic CD from earlier this year. I was scouring through some various promo's with 4-5 songs on them, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home