tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

music tip- will kimbrough and tommy womack

two musicians linked to some of my favorites have a new CD- they are calling themselves "Daddy" in this incarnation. Will Kimbrough and Tommy Womack have a live CD "Daddy at the Women's Club" - or somesuch. David Jacques (John Prine's bass player) is on it. You can track them down at www.daddymusic.net or will's label: www.waxysilver.com they are connected to several musicians I adore- todd snider, adrienne young, john prine, etc. etc. etc. They had previously teamed up for a short spell as the Bis-quits, and had a record out on Oh Boy. Bill M and I have seen tommy womack at least twice opening for todd snider; in lexington kentucky and in cleveland at the beachland. good stuff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home