tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Monday, October 10, 2005

Prine event follow ups

Dave Gerber told a nice story of bumping into John Prine at a music store in Nashville and how kind and nice John was, striking up a conversation outside the store. He recalled being in the Marietta/ Parkersburg area. (Which we have previously stories corraborating....) Dave also referred to Buddy Wilson being a Parkersburg native now in Nashville, who can sing a bunch of Prine songs. He tried to call him on the cell phone from the wheel house to tell him about it on Saturday night. I am compiling some of the comments and impressions from some of the papers that were turned in; the number of concerts people have attended (and ones in common)- so we can try to keep informed when concerts come around close by in 2006, etc. And "how we did getting around to songs that people requested" - no one did "lets talk dirty in hawaiian" as far as I can remember.........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home