tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

wednesday's music to morgantown and back

Drove to Clarksburg for a meeting and then on to Morgantown and return trip. Listened to : Kris Kristopherson on the first leg of the trip- I was wanting to hear his song "Jesus was a capricorn" (owed to JOhn Prine) as I had not ever heard it. And I have a 45 of that song from the vinyl record swap. I enjoyed it! And then Lucinda Williams live at the fillmore CD. As reviewed elsewhere, it is almost entirely songs from the last three albums, which are good, but probably don't do her full career justice. But good just the same. Then Townes Van Zandt a CD that is a combination of two early albums- mostly songs I haven't heard, until toward the end: pancho and lefty and if I needed you (recorded by several folks, and having a great potential for harmony singing). Then finished up with more Kris Kristopherson ( I know I'm butchering the spelling, but the case is still in the car)- he is very closely linked with some of my favorite lyric writers, so that is a good CD to have.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home