tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Saturday, October 08, 2005

october 8th; morning of the john prine tribute

well, I listened to old cassette tapes last night to get in the spirit; the live ones, aimless love, german afternoons, and common sense. I was excited to see this morning downtown that the wheel house's electric sign had an announcement about the benefit tonight. I am gathering the prizes, the various trivia contests, etc. to keep the options open, depending on the type of audience (whether they want/ need that kind of participation) or are just content to listen to the musicians...... I am "rehearsing" in my mind, the various lyrics, as I have taken the preparation a little casually this year; I hope andy has brushed up on his renditions. I believe the Greens played at the brew pub in morgantown last night, and I am hoping that they got some CD's to promote for that, and that andy will bring some tonight. My other musicians lined up have been checking in, and I truly appreciate their generous willingness to help the event.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home