tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Monday, March 06, 2006

JOhn Prine show

I'm still riding high from seeing JOhn Prine Saturday in Prestonsburg Kentucky- we had third row seats and really enjoyed the venue and crowd, and of course John and his crew. Pat McLaughlin was a new addition from recent years shows, he co-wrote some songs with JP; and played a rocking mandolin and a little electric guitar and added harmony vocals on a few more songs than Jason Wilbur does. Jason was fantastic as always on guitar, mandolin and harmonica- we were on his side of the stage, so could really enjoy his contribution. We were definitely close enough to really hone in on John, too; and come away so bolstered by his performance; enjoyment of the audience, and everything about it. I'm keeping this brief; more details later, and more about the opening act.
Greens at Bogie's this Friday night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home