tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Friday, April 14, 2006

Going into the Weekend

I'll not be able to make the trip up to morgantown tonight to see the greens at the Brew Pub (and catch up on Georgia news)- if anyone attends that can give me an update; that would be great.
I appreciate the gradual groundswell of communication- thanks Ryan for the suggested Tribute theme- to go along with some other recent ones. We'll be taking all that into account for future events. I'm pretty close to finalizing a first musicians get together to listen to some Woody Guthrie CD's and have a little guitar pull (passing around the guitar for a song or two)- Tuesday, May 9th here at my office on St. Mary's ave. I will have finalized this by next week, as I start to get my next round of publicity out for the next vinyl record sale May 6th. And lump "cinco de miyo" (May 5th)- the Greens next Parkersburg show.
I am warming up for the Arlo Guthrie show in Ohio April 28th; I'll be talking about that quite a bit leading up to it, and when I return. Undoubtedly I'll be as excited as the Hank III fans were from their expedition.
I don't know if I'll be out any on the prowl for any live music this weekend or not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home