tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

a lull

I have had a lull in my musical thoughts- some folks went to see a member of Pink FLoyd in Pittsburgh over the weekend. Nickel Creek is playing in Athens tomorrow night. They are supposed to be going on hiatus sometime- lots of solo recordings coming out. The musical tribute shows are quickly approaching- probably not doing enough to get the word out. Sold only one more t-shirt lately from the americana music tribute series. Need to call a meeting of folks interested in weighing in on the 2007 tribute shows. Don't have any more details yet on the Greens battle of the bands time slot for October 13th. Listened to sarius radio on a trip up to wheeling sunday- found the coffee house rock station (30) for most of the trip. Lots of Jack Johnson played. Got my gift from my renewal subscription to No Depression- an intriguing selection of americana musicians. Have to decide whether to open it up and listen to it myself or give it away as a gift myself- to some worthy eclectic music lover. There will be other good music coming up at Stuart's through the rest of the year; I hope to be able to make it to some of them. Look at their website sometime. I don't know about the mountain stage at WVU-P this sunday. Whether I'll be coming back from Washington DC or not that afternoon.
Waiting for any updates on the Greens calendar, after that flurry of dates put up last week. Bogie's starting back up with Music? Well, enough for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home