tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Thursday, March 08, 2007

Richard and Mimi Farina

So, if anybody would know me back long enough, they would know that I was a huge Richard and Mimi Farina fan ages ago. This was long before internet. So something got me surfing the web for them, and found a nice little website. Since they are both deceased now, its more of a historical site than a "current fan" site, so its pretty cool for my personal nostalgia. Expect me to rattle on about that sometime. They sang some incredible harmonies; and seeing Sarah Guthrie and Johnny Irion a few weeks ago, put me of a mind to that nice male/female harmony. And then throw in there Emmylou Harris and Gram Parsons from previewing that movie a few weeks ago.
Well, a little stage show of some of Richard farina's work was done in the early 70's to commemmorate his life and writing and music, and I'd love to get my hands on that "script" and stage a production of it in the present. The bio on Richard on that website goes into some interesting depth; like his early time with Carolyn Hester, learning music (dulcimer) and then meeting Mimi (Joan Baez' sister).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home