tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Ina May Wool- Friday night songwriter night

*INA MAY WOOLWool has been hailed as a contemporary Jan Austen, a strong yetsophisticated storyteller as sharp and confident as Lucinda Williams yet assmooth and lyrical as Suzanne VegaWool will be accompanied by her husband Daniel Weiss, who is associateconductor of the Broadway hit musical "RENT"."When I cracked open Ina May Wool's new CD, Crack It Open, I was treated toa pleasant cross of Lisa Loeb/Syd Straw/Rickie Lee Jones...She's got a goodthing going on with her audience."THE VILLAGE VOICE, 11/03, Andrew Aber, Voice Choices"Wool writes excellent songs and sings with passion."THE BOSTON GLOBE, David Johnson"One of my favorite unheralded New York singer/songwriters."John Platt, WFUV

Todd Burge sent this along to me- hope to see folks there! I am looking forward to it. Friday, March 9, 7:30 pm $10 at the Blennerhassett Hotel, Billy Matheny opening. see the songwriternight. website for more details. sound clips, etc.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home