tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Saturday, February 24, 2007

Cash Bash recap

Last night's Johnny Cash Tribute was a rollicking success by all accounts. It was the biggest fund raiser so far among the series, based on numbers attending and t-shirt sales etc. (Minus the times we've had large individual donors). From my vantage point the audience had a ball; the musicians really gave it their all, and seemed enthusiastic to participate. I think the Wheel House felt it went well from their perspective. I want to thank the Wheel House, all the musicians, and the enthusiastic audience. There seemed to be encouragement and excitement looking ahead to the next events. We seem to be spreading the breadth of those attending and finding out about the events with the mix of themes / tribute artists.
I was exhausted as usual- just feel like there are a lot of details to take care of- particularly had fun working with Cory (who did the sound)- he's a great guy and fun to work with- a great sense of humor amid the hustle, bustle, stress, etc.
Ashlee keeps my morale boosted with her enthusiasm and encouragement.
I enjoyed having the new musicians for this one- hope they will come back to future events when the music fits their styles. I'll be glad to promote them in the community too.
I'm already to look ahead to the next events; but if anybody is so moved to give me feedback or suggestions from the Cash Bash or looking ahead, I'd appreciate it. Also, if anyone got any pictures of the event, and could send them to me, that would be great.

1 Comments:

At 6:16 PM, Blogger ashlienutter said...

had a blast friday! cant wait til the next one. you did a great job mc-ing & organizing!
ash

 

Post a Comment

<< Home