tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Tuesday, July 03, 2007

greg brown's birthday

Someone is wishing Greg BRown a happy birthday, so I guess it must be around now. Greg is a great songwriter, singer and storyteller. I discovered him around about like many others; through a song written by him, that someone else sang, then diving into his music very appreciatively, then bumping into him in many other cross-connections, such as marrying Iris Dement. Then avidly seeking out opportunities to see him perform, mountainstage, nelsonville, etc. then visiting his listserv to see how many people follow him avidly. And then there is the rooty toot toot to the moon connection- the potential source of my great american novel upcoming. Ask me about that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home