tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Monday, July 02, 2007

Willie P. Bennett

Willie P. Bennett, Fred Eaglesmith's band member (mandolin, harmonica, etc.) had a heart attack during a show recently, and is recovering but without health insurance. There is a benefit event up in Ontario in the works. Willie contributes greatly to the show in a Fred performance; he'll change a string on Fred's guitar, while Fred tells a story; he plays a very unique style of mandolin that is very driving and compelling. Hope to hear he is doing well soon. I also got an e-mail announcing a "Hobo" magazine that Fred's website is putting together, and seeking submissions of stories, material. Check it out if you can.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home