tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Monday, September 10, 2007

Springfield Ohio 1972-3

I think the coffee house was called "three doors down" or "two doors down" and that's where I got my best, first introduction to the wandering folk singers. It was my subtle, gradual movement from 60's radio music to what else became my musical interests. That's where Pop Wagner, Bodie Wagner, Cowboy Bill Stockwell came through to play on the midwest circuit. I'm still trying to dredge back other names. Yellow Springs also obviously had its influence at that time (Antioch). I was at Wittenberg University for those two years, right out of high school, before I went vagabonding. The music was a grounding source in a somewhat lonely, lost young fellow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home