tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Friday, November 02, 2007

going into the weekend

Your cub musical reporter goes into the weekend. The Greens are now billed for two "regular" shows at the 6 pence pub friday and saturday night. Originally, it said friday was a private party; well that must have been graciously opened up to be a public event. So go out one night or both and see how diverse and deep the greens play list is, and I'll bet ya you won't be dissatisfied with either or both nights of music. The Greens are fresh back from the NYC trip; so come out and ask 'em about it at the break. The new CD is still fresh out of the gate so if you haven't picked it up yet, ask one of the guys, or Danny for one. There is a great blend of old and new and tempos and such.
Well, the Wheel House has changed names to Jimmy C's. I made a welcoming phone call to Jimmy C today, and everything is smooth with the Neil Young event and Greens shows around the holidays. I'll stop in and make acquaintances as soon as I can. I will likely have a little musicians get together next wednesday before the neil young tribute show there to keep the tradition going.
Still relishing the good Watermelon Slim show tuesday; talking it up enthusiastically and praising the Front Row's willingness to bring these shows in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home