tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Stacey Earle and Mark Stuart at Stuart's in Nelsonville

Saturday night Stacey Earle and Mark Stuart will be performing at Stuart's OPera House in Nelsonville. They will be performing in the more intimate setting with the audience up on the stage. I will always remember at the Hocking Folk Festival, when they came out in the audience and kind of meandered around while singing and playing unplugged. You could tell they liked that simple, raw setting. They do a lot of house concerts, which I'm sure is similar in feel- with no amplification etc. Stacey tells some fascinating stories, particularly about having a child as a teen, and giving him up for adoption, and later seeking him out- and how she was taken to a home for pregnant teens, etc. and somewhat hidden away. She is Steve Earle's sister.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home