tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Friday, February 01, 2008

wv music hall of fame exhibit

The first opportunity for the traveling exhibit of the wv music hall of fame came to Parkersburg yesterday- to the art center downtown. There are some fun displays- Jimmy Dickens flashy (tiny) little suit and boots; some kooky 60's psychedelic bands record covers and concert promotion flyers. Some of the good ol' roots Appalachian music memorabilia. I didn't take advantage of the listening station- it would be worth a trip back for- I didn't want to disrupt the discussions and milling around that was going on. There were three live performances, Todd Burge (with Michael Lipton accompanying), and a guy, I think his name was Andy parks, and then the Bare Bones (the trio acapella group)- nice little tasteful music sampler. This seemed like a very good start off to the exhibit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home