tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Saturday, March 29, 2008

I've been listening to "Timeless" (a tribute CD to Hank Williams)

I found in the library, the tribute CD from Lost Highway of Hank Williams songs. Its a great mix of appreciating his songs, and nice versions by many familiar voices.
The line up: Bob Dylan - I can't get you off of my mind
Sheryl Crow - long gone lonesome blues
Keb Mo - I'm so lonesome I could cry
Beck - your cheatin' heart
Mark Knopfler and his band - lost on the river
tom petty - you're gonna change (or i'm gonna leave)
keith richards - you win again
emmy lou harris - alone and forsaken
hank III - i'm a long gone daddy
ryan adams - lovesick blues
lucinda williams - cold, cold heart
johnny cash - I dreamed about mama last night

This is a great little listen, and very inspiring leading up to the whole lotta hank tribute show here locally April 26th. I have not heard much of Hank III, and so this is a nice little intro and segue into his own particular music. So many of the others are major favorites of mine, so hearing their particular interpretations is fun. I think John Gallagher has a copy of this CD for sale at his store; don't beat me to it!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home