tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Saturday, April 26, 2008

Hankfest; in Chicago, Illinois

Visiting the website for hankfest.com; you get a little impression it hasn't been updated recently. This is a reminder that WV's own John Lilly won the songwriter contest in 2005 for a song Blue highway. They have a little event / jam called "hank's army" with some groundrules like: "bone up on your hank tunes"
"play nice"- with others; know how to tune your instrument; listen to those around you, know as many Hank tunes as possible
there is a jambalaya cooking contest.
These are the sorts of ideas I had wanted to include this year (from last year) but just never got around to it. I get a little over-ambitious with my ideas getting carried away beyond my follow through.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home