tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Steve Earle

Steve Earle - Wednesday night at Stuart's OPera House in Nelsonville. Probably sold out by now, last week only 10 SRO tickets left, or something like that. We'll see what Steve's up to these days- having moved to NYC, living in the old folk village scene. I've kind lost more track of him lately than a few years ago. Enjoyed the show at Stuart's a few years ago.
I had never really followed him much in the Copperhead Road, etc. years. Maybe even really just following him since the Dead Man Walking soundtrack, and Ellis Unit one. And then eagerly eating up lots of "making up for lost time." Since then, I've been on a steady diet of his new releases; was pretty amazed at the productivity for some years there. Started liking all the benefit CD's he was on, and the causes he was playing for. Absorbing the interviews and speaking out he did. So it will be good to "catch back up a little" tomorrow night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home