tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Friday, August 22, 2008

10-4 good buddy

This is titled 10-4 good buddy, because I noticed this was post number 1040; and I didn't want to refer to the IRS form of the same name; so I chose a Greens song (instrumental) title.
I have graciously loaned out 4 Weedhawks CD's; and will eagerly await their return next week. The Greens play in Huntington this Saturday night. Todd Burge and Joseph Henry play in Morgantown this weekend. Don Baker is coming to do a coffee house Saturday night here at our storefront. I will be setting up the coffee house atmosphere tomorrow (Saturday) afternoon from about 4 -5 pm on, if anyone wants to help out. There are two good Mountain Stage shows coming up in Charleston the next two Sunday nights. When they go on the road in the fall, Todd Snider is supposed to be in the line up for one of those. The vinyl record sale has wound down, with a sigh of relief from my back, shoulders, elbows- with lots of lugging albums around. Maybe the next one in October? John Hiatt has been getting "around the town" CD playing time on the car stereo, along with the Angel Band.
AND NOW: I have settled on a venue for the JOhn Prine birthday tribute on October 10th; at the 5th Street Pub and Eatery in downtown Parkersburg. Stay tuned for details; and I hope you can help me begin to get the word out about this new location, and the fun we will have.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home