tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Saturday, August 23, 2008

Don Baker's songwriter night

Don played us a lot of the songs he's worked up for the song pulls that John Radcliff puts on. He's got a great way of conveying a story/ images, and a nice variety in his guitar playing and melodies. It was nice having the "between songs" conversations in the relaxed atmosphere. He told about the bluegrass festival he was involved in last week in Belpre, and Chase Brady playing mandolin with him. He also talked about a possible upcoming recording session with Todd Burge. I imagine it will be a lot of the songs he performed tonight; they will become familiar! Watch for Don playing at some upcoming songwriter events around town, or in a solo spot at one of the "listening room" venues around. I hope he can participate in the John Prine birthday tribute on October 10th.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home