tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Sunday, August 24, 2008

Thanks to Don Baker

Thanks to Don Baker for being willing to come out and play as a contribute to a benefit. Its great to have musicians willing to play just for their love of getting out and playing. I know its also nice to get some compensation for your skills and craft, too! I try to create different kinds of opportunities to get people together for music, and every experience builds a little more of a picture of what clicks; what works.
This reminds me to thank all the musicians over the years who have contributed to the Americana Music Tribute Series shows, because they create the memories and buzz that hopefully will keep them going. As the venues struggle, these live music shows are attractive, because there is no risk for the venue. We'll keep working on the concept(s), and eventually it will gel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home