tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Friday, September 19, 2008

visiting the 5th St. Pub; checking out the upcoming Tribute venue

I took a fellow music buddy to check out the venue for the upcoming John Prine birthday tribute benefit last night. He added his nod to it being okay for the expected audience. I sent Ken down today to drop off some flyers; it will be interesting to see how the "regulars" there take to a different kind of musical show than they are probably used to. We'll hope we can bring along a decent amount of Americana Music Tribute series fans from the events of the past few years; the loyal regulars. I probably won't be taking in any music tonight; and then I'll be looking for what's going on tomorrow night.
Todd Burge is in Nashville at the Americana Music Association festival today, and I assume, through the weekend. Tomorrow is the Green festival up in Farmington PA; looks like they should have good weather for that. I hope to be giving a report by the end of the weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home