tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Kathleen Coffee's show last night

Kathleen Coffee put on another fantastic show last night here at our coffee house in Parkersburg. Besides the great songs themselves, she was quite open with comments between songs; talking about the origins of the songs, her take on songwriting and life in general. As always, she really put herself into her performance and connecting with the audience. She played songs from her CD: Justice?; I call it Pride; harboring; this land is god's land, a beatle; paint from the brain. As well as many others: song for the poor, what binds us; be kind; I missed you; your woman, a hope for you, sometimes why, we were america; never be the same, cross my mind, let go.
She was well received; a number of folks returning to see her from her previous visits to the Mid Ohio Valley, and a few new comers.
We'll keep following her goings-on, and the lead up to her Peace Corps stint next summer.
I continue to get good responses to the venue set up- the sound is decent, the room comfortable; the listening room vibe is really strong- people are really able to stay focused on the performer and performance without the distractions of many music venues.

1 Comments:

At 8:11 PM, Blogger windtower said...

Steve - great show, good sound, nice candle light, cider, friends, easy to enjoy Kathleen's music and not in a bar! I love it! I really liked her song about Pride, and how pride can get in the way of gratitude..yes... and Paint from the Brain - great color images, espcially how orange road cones help with life's little directions! and I really liked the line about Love is giving your Best First.. She's good at both the singing and the lyrics.. So, thank you for putting this together. It's amazing that you get such good musicians to play here in Parkersburg.. keep encouraging live music and it'll grow!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home