tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Neil Young

I am hoping to have a pretty good "run up" to the Neil Young tribute show on November 7th with some posts about Neil Young between now and then. I was telling Andy the other day that I used to have a decent amount of Neil Young CD's but I gave them all away last year as door prizes..... things got sort of out of hand in the generosity department for me. After I made the Shakey trophy, and everyone got sort of loose and happy, the winners sort of dove into the prize box a little too exuberantly, and I got wiped out of my OWN CD's, beyond the rightful door prizes. I don't think I have enough time or money to replenish my personal stock of Neil Young CD's right now. I am not dropping any hints that people could feel sorry for me and GIVE me some CD's or anything. But several of us, DO like to listen to the featured artist for the upcoming tribute show in the weeks leading up to the event (Did I mention November 7th was the Neil Young tribute in downtown Parkersburg, at 8 pm for a $5 donation, to CHS of West Virginia, as part of the 2008 Americana Music Tribute Series??) Did I? Huh?
In this third year of Neil Young tributes, we've been through a couple of interesting years in Neil-land - Greendale and the anti-war album, etc. And more and more accolades for Neil all the time; and something about a certain kind of DVD ........ I think we can get folks pumped up for all kinds of Neil perspectives. I really wanted to combine my benefit/ fund raiser with a donation to the Bridge School, but get stingy when I only make a pittance of donation money even for my own cause here in humble ol' Parkersburg. We've got lots of good things going on here at Children's Home Society of West Virginia -Parkersburg, and actually, sincerely, donations are needed to keep these programs afloat. If not from supporting live local music, then from some other well of generosity or kindness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home