tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Sunday, November 02, 2008

Greens; 2 nights in a row!

The Greens had another fantastic show last night here in the Mid Ohio Valley; 6 pence pub in Parkersburg. Still a little "carry over" from Halloween with some costumes in attendance; including the band decked out. Andy's huge AFRO put in a lot of hard work over these two days. Ben had a true-blue Mountaineer costume with buckskin/ fringe, a coonskin hat, etc. Nathan was in his Blues Brothers' best. Danny had that trucker's hat with a greasy mullet. Danny talked me into a costume; so I threw together a cowboy outfit. Most comments were that I looked like Howdy Doody; so I guess that's okay; what Halloween is about. There was a Friar Tuck in the audience too. On to the music. Since I got to see the whole show; two 2 hour sets; I think I have a fuller sense of the song selections. Having heard the selections from the new CD (out soon) this afternoon, with Danny's crazy light show on his computer, I further saw where some of the mix of old and new songs takes them every night they play. I don't suppose the audience appreciates it as much as we get a kick out of fitting in our little Americana Music set there toward the end of the first set- a couple of The Band songs, Grateful Dead, and John Prine. It sort of messes up the flow of the dance-able songs, but enough people seem to enjoy it; I usually get a few positive comments anyway! It was a smaller crowd than I would have liked to see; maybe folks mostly went out Friday night, but the full Greens fan base was definitely not out in numbers last night. The dancing did get pretty great and intense there toward the end, so that seemed "normal." I hadn't seen an ending with Apocalypso for awhile; probably not since the last holidays!

The Greens will be one of the features on the local radio show featuring local musicians tonight at 7 pm on 106 (Todd Burge's show).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home