tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Neil Young tribute less than two weeks away

The final event in the 2008 Americana Music Tribute series is less than two weeks away; Friday, November 7th at 8 pm at the 5th St. Pub, we will be holding a Neil Young tribute. Local musicians will be playing sets of songs from Neil and his various eras/ counterparts. A $5 donation helps support the work of Children's Home Society of WV here in the Parkersburg area with children and families.
Neil Young, whose career spans many eras of rock, folk music, and who has influenced generations of musicians, has always marched to his own beat; often shifting interests to the bafflement of fans of his previous era.
Local musicians are rallying around for yet another generous, and enthusiastic opportunity to entertain local live music fans with their particular interpretations of Neil's songs. I am honored and blessed to have a great group of musicians throughout the year willing to come out and perform. We're building up to a great line up, which I'll summarize in a week or so. I am going to be gone for a few days, so don't be concerned if I don't reply to any inquiries for a few days.
Check out the "thrasherwheat" website (Neil Young News) and the other internet opportunities to get psyched up about Neil and his great body of work, and his great creative genius, and messages over the years. If you can get the word out, or stop by to pick up some flyers to distribute, I'd appreciate it.

1 Comments:

At 11:15 AM, Blogger thrasher said...

Thanks for the mention. I'll try and get something on the tribute.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home