tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Neil Young Tribute line up

This is somewhat of a test of who actually looks at this thing for updates. If you know something I don't know about who is or is not playing this Friday night at the Neil Young Tribute please let me know. I get sort of lazy and complacent, and assume too much.
Don Howerton is playing; Stone Road band is playing; Jan Gant is playing; Jim Petry is playing; Eric Lawson is playing; Lost Chance band is playing.
Apologies if someone else let me know they were playing. There's still opportunity! I hope none of the above are not planning on playing, "cause I'm counting on you for a great night of music!! I have some excited Neil Young fans calling me, enthusiastic for the night of Neil! I've got some set lists, which are not required, but allows the other musicians to see what the selections tend to run. I am going to be making the second annual "Shakey" trophy, since the traveling trophy never made it back into the fold after the Hank Williams show. I am open to suggestions for contests- the 6 degrees of separation from Neil Young is a good one, but it needs some refinement in order to make it a non-chaotic/ non anarchistic contest. Since folks tend to really prefer the music to my distracting contests and prize give aways....... I don't need much of a contest line up. Do folks from last year recall the contest to "name the creature on Neil's shoulder" from the picture from one of his songbooks? This generated quite a bit of positive stir. I doubt if I have the technical skill to scan that picture onto this blog, but if anyone wants to offer to do so, you would be handsomely rewarded. It is dark, black and white, so some skill is required. I think a possible contest involves Nicolette Larson's version of "gonna take a lotta love" but I don't know what the contest would be.
As you should be able to detect, my mind is covering a lot of Neil territory here. I hope you are likewise getting yourself pumped up for the tribute, only 2 days away. As I tried to do previously, if the audience generosity allows me, I'd like to make a donation to the Bridge School after Friday night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home