tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Neil Young tribute

The Greens covered Cinnamon Girl Saturday night, and it conjured up positive memories of the excitement Neil Young's songs can bring to any night of live music. Neil's music inspires enthusiasm from a wide swath of people, and across generations. I hope folks will come out Friday night, November 7th to see some local musicians pay tribute to the music of Neil Young. The show will start pretty darned close to 8 pm to make sure we give all the musicians a good chance to play when they have their own "fan clubs" present. I put some of the musicians committed to play in a press release to Free Time; I hope I didn't slight anyone, or promise someone would be there who cancels. 5th St. Pub, downtown Parkersburg. I'll be stopping in there tomorrow or the next day to check in with Scott; the sound guys are primed and ready. $5 cover charge supports the work of Children's Home Society of WV in the Parkersburg area. Encourage some folks to come out and support live local music.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home