tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Saturday, January 17, 2009

didn't have a lot to say

I am in a winter doldrums for blogging about music. I am expending all my energy just hunkering down and staying warm. I did go for a brisk 4 mile walk this morning as the only soul crazy enough to walk at city park. The music in my head was "country-folk-rock." This meant from reading a book from the library "are you ready for the country?" about the links between country and rock. I am only a little way into it. Gram Parsons/ flying burrito brothers / clarence white. Bob Dylan in the Nashville Skyline process. Charlie McCoy (in the WV music hall of fame) a studio/ session whiz. The Band. The Byrds. The Dillards. Gene Clark. Chris Hillman. I will give my next report after some more reading. Johnny Cash. Hank Williams Sr. Doesn't this all run a thread through it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home