tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Monday, January 12, 2009

Traveling Music while traveling today

I was listening to Malcolm Holcombe already in the car CD player when I started the trip, so just finished that one up. Great songs which match perfectly with his voice and the life he has led. They evoke such a deep chord of what tough living feels like. Then I listened to the Greens new CD and even though I had heard it once on a computer and have heard the songs live for a number of months, it was a great listen. I was just groovin' on it down the highway, and marveling at the versatility and the creativity and the catchy music-ness of it. I then listened to a CD Fred Shreve had given me; raving about the guy, whose CD was produced by Radney Foster, one of Fred's favorites. This guy is Brandon Rhymer; the CD is "Every Night." I am so blessed to have a good circle of music lovers around me, who share their enthusiasm for music. When Fred takes the time out of his busy/hectic days/ weeks to come over and share his "finds" I feel greatly honored. I finished up the ride with Lucinda Williams newest CD LIttle Honey. Bringing me back to Parkersburg in fine spirits, with her rockin' out songs, her ballads, and her voice that will always be among my most favorites.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home